Monday, September 26, 2011

Daphne Guinness And Amanda Harlech Channel One Another In V Magazine

Daphne Guinness And Amanda Harlech Chanel One Another In V Magazine
This month, V Magazine came out with their transformation issue.  Featured in the magazine are two best friends, Daphne Guinness (a personal fashion favorite of mine) and Amanda Harlech who dress as one another.  The photos were shot by Karl Lagerfeld in Paris.  Guinness wears an Alexander McQueen gown and Harlech wears Chanel Haute Couture.



The two speak of their role playing here.

Amanda Harlech
 "When I walked on set with my blonde hairpieces, Karl burst out laughing and said I looked like a hausfrau.  I won't be doing it again, but secretly I did love the allure of Daphne's blondeness.  It was like playing the princess role instead of always being the witch."

Daphne Guinness
"I trust Karl implicitly, but I wasn't entirely excited about becoming a brunette.  Yet, the end result was something magical: I was very surprised, and I wasn't expecting Karl to take as many pictures as he did.  I sort of channeled Amanda at the end, and she was channeling me, and it was extraordinary.  Let's be honest: it could have gone horribly wrong, but it was a stroke of genius on Karl's part."


Oh to call him Karl.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashionista's comment