Sunday, January 3, 2010

I have decided that on Sundays I will discuss something that involves more than just fashion. To begin the week, I think writing about something to expand your mind would be a good option, although I won't be able to resist just writing a little about the fashion world! Currently, I am reading a book, The Kindly Ones written by an ex-Nazi officer, under the pseudo name Jonathan Littel, who has "fictionally" written about his experiences during World War II. Now, I am not going to write a summary of the book, but rather a quote I found on the first page that I thought might speak to everyone. "For a long time we crawl on this earth like caterpillars, waiting for the splendid, diaphanous butterfly we bear within ourselves." I will leave this quote open to your own interpretation, but I found it inspiring as I am always searching and trying to reach my fullest potential.

Back to fashion! Alber Elbaz, designer for the oldest couture house in Paris, Lanvin revealed in his spring 2010 show beautiful crushed silk cocktail dresses, (and crushed silk suits for men!) a trend that is bound to become popular soon! Check them out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashionista's comment