Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fashion Designer Teamwork

This week's teamwork!

Madonna on her Blonde Ambition tour wore a cone bra designed by Jean Paul Gaultier
Jean Paul Gaultier's fashion sketch for the cone bra

News:
Now, Jean Paul Gaultier has teamed up with luxurious lingerie brand La Perla to create a capsule collection that invokes part mermaid and part sex with cone bras and shell shaped panties to match.  This is Gaultier's first go at creating lingerie.
More of these limited-edition pieces will be show at Jean Paul Gaultier's haute couture Paris show, July 7th.
“Lingerie is part of my DNA and of my heritage,” Gaultier said. “In my latest prêt-à-porter collection I revisited the conical bras and corsets worn as outerwear. This collaboration was a natural and logical step, especially since La Perla is the pearl of the lingerie, with the best savoir faire.” 


Britney Spears is coming out with a line of clothing and accessories for Candie's, a company for which she is their current poster girl.  The limited edition collection will be exclusively sold at Kohl's and comes out July 1.  Spears said "This collection really represents my personal style. I took pieces from my 'Circus' tour and pieces that I wear every day. I love denim, so I made sure to include a lot of jeans. I can't wait for it to come out."
Behind the Scenes Video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashionista's comment